Video editors often fall short for audio editing, and we need to use a specific program for audio editing; the audio editor for youtubers.
Whether our project consists of a video or a podcast, sound is a fundamental part of our creation and we must know how to treat it so that it is heard clearly and defined.
The world of audio editors is huge, that’s why we have synthesized in this article, the audio editors that can be most useful for you to cut, paste, mix and equalize the voices that you have recorded for your YouTube creations.
What is an audio editor for?
The audio editor allows us to capture the sound spectrum on the screen so that we can work on it. From here, we can start doing our editing work, we can modify the frequencies, cut and paste different parts of a track, add effects and convert between different audio formats.
Suppose we go out to do a video report on the street, and we are using a microphone or recorder.
When we return home we will need to be able to compile the different recordings, equalize the sound and remove the background noise. It is also important to give our project a sound aesthetic, so that it is enjoyed and identified by our listeners. Assemble a soundtrack for a video, edit a Podcast, or create a Ringtone.
Difference between Sound Editor or DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
It should be noted that if we are looking to record music, or take our production to a professional level, we are going to require specific tools that not all sound editors have. For that we will need a sound production software that is called DAW. DAW’s tools and learning curve can be very long.
In this article we will focus on simple editors geared towards voice recording and editing.
The 6 best free audio editor for youtubers
It is the most popular and downloaded application by users since it has complete tools for editing and recording.
The audio interface that it has is not the same as that of other paid programs, so if we are looking for a professional sound, we may be a bit limited.
Its aesthetic, which is a bit old-fashioned, may not be the most attractive to us.
It is completely free and can be used on both Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Edit audio easily thanks to its practical structure
- Record audio through a microphone
- Digitize recordings from other media (for example, digitize a vinyl record)
- It can support 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit (allows you to choose the quality of the frequency that is captured)
- Allows you to export recordings in different formats
- Free app suitable for Windows, Mac and Linux Free and downloadable from its web
A great free sound editor, perfect for beginners, with very good utilities and results.
Although it doesn’t have the quality of other programs, due to its ease when it comes to working, it’s well worth trying.
It has a powerful equalizer with which we can obtain very good results.
- Edit audio, with the possibility of adding effects in real time to speed up the work process
- Good quality simple interface
- High precision tools to work
- Good analysis of the spectral content of the audio signal, for a better visualization of the frequencies
- We can work with several tracks at the same time
- Available on Windows, Mac and Linux Free and downloadable from its web
Phenomenal sound editor, with tons of tools and functions.
Useful both for musicians looking for a more complex production, and for people who want to do a simple job.
For this reason, it has its free version, with its limitations, and its paid version that includes a whole range of work tools.
- Edit sound with a wide range of tools, allowing noise reduction and other functions
- Record through an easy-to-use interface
- Allows recording in 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits (allows you to choose the quality of the frequency that is captured)
- Supports multiple popular music and audio file formats
- Contains various audio effects, equalizes, amplifies and creates surround sound.
- Batch processing function to edit all tracks at once
- Available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and Chromebook
4- AUDIO CUTTER
It is a free application that is very easy to use, with a very simple and effective interface.
It will allow you to quickly upload the file you want to edit, take the parts you want to create, for example, a Ringtone, or fragment a song into parts.
It also has the ability to extract sound from a video.
Of course, it is a very simple application, without great editing skills and limited to its function of cutting audio fragments, as its name indicates
- Recognizes multiple audio formats
- Fast upload and trim an audio file
- Incorporate a Fade out effect for the entrance and another one for the exit so the cut will not be so violent
- Available for Windows, Mac and Linux Free and easy to install
Another free and very simple application to perform simple tasks of cutting, pasting and fragmenting audio tracks.
It is easy to install, with a very simple interface.
Allows you to record and edit sounds already recorded. And save them in different formats.
Like Audio Cutter, we are talking about a non-professional tool for simple work.
Even so, they are practical tools that do not take up space on the computer and fulfill their function perfectly
- Simple, quick-learn interface for people with no experience in sound editing
- Audio editing, being able to add effects, cut, paste and fragment the track
- Allows export in .wav and Mp3 formats
- Available on Windows, Mac and Linux Free and easy to install.
This is exclusive software for Mac. It is an amazing platform to learn and have fun.
It has an extensive library of sounds, the possibility of programming a battery and making pre-adjustments in guitar and voice.
- Edit and record sound easily and with very good quality
- Easy learning line, even with many tools
- Wide variety of effects, amplifiers, samples (functions to enrich our audio)
- Compression and equalization (Basic tools for good audio editing) It is free and is included by default in the Mac system
So far, we have seen some of the most popular free audio editors, and easily accessible to start recording and creating our content without much waiting.
We hope that this content has been useful to start your project.