We present a tool that can be very useful to you. This is the teleprompter, a very practical accessory for those youtubers who often record videos, which allows us to be able to read a text and not hesitate too much when improvising.
If you have a hard time memorizing the script that you have prepared in your YouTube video, or you need to read a list or questions that your community has asked you and you do not want to appear with a sheet with the notes, because let’s be honest, it is very crappy.
The teleprompter allows you to follow the script without being noticed, and most importantly, you will be looking into the eyes of the person who is watching your videos.
It has been used on television for decades.
It used to consist of a monitor, much heavier and bulkier, placed next to or below the central camera. There had to be an operator controlling the speed of passage of the text. Now, any youtuber can afford and use it by his/her self.
The current teleprompter for youtubers
Currently there are much simpler teleprompters, which have an application to be controlled by smartphone or tablet.
It consists of a glass arranged at 45ºC of the screen, tablet, or sheet with the text. The video camera is behind the glass, so when reading you will be staring at the lens. The text should be printed in its mirror image, upside down, as if seen through a mirror.
There are applications that allow you to put it like that.
In addition, they usually come with a remote control that allows you to control the speed of the text, so you can do it yourself.
Here we propose the 3 best teleprompters useful for youtubers that you will find on Amazon.
Top 3 teleprompters for youtubers
- Professional glass that gives a clear and bright reflection.
- Adjustable angle of reflection: allows you to frame the shot easily and quickly;
- Allows total folding for easy transport.
- Made with the best aluminum, light and portable → good materials, robust, give a feeling of durability.
- Compatible with Tablets up to 25.5cm x 20cm, iPad 10», iPad 10.2», iPad Air 10.5», iPad Pro 11», iPad mini.
- Space to place the video camera. It is compatible with all handheld cameras: DSLR, HDVCAM, XDCAM, NXCAM.
- Compatible with photo and video tripods.
- Free remote control included, an essential accessory.
- It comes with a carry bag.
- It is easy to mount.
It is very heavy, so you will need a very sturdy tripod.
The grip on the tablet is not very good, so it can only be placed completely horizontally.
It does not come with batteries for the remote control.
- Fits any smartphone or tablet up to 10.5 x 9.5 inches.
- Collapsible teleprompter for small size and easy portability.
- Allows placement of your camera behind glass.
- Protective carrying case, tripod and camera not included.
The zippers to close the sides are noisy.
It is only compatible with DSLR cameras.
The glass is a little tinted, so the image looks a bit dark.
- The Parrot 2 has a 1 cm wide body that allows it to work better with larger smartphones with screens up to 5.5 inches.
- Using mechanical clips → One of the problems we had with the original Parrot Teleprompter was that sometimes the glue would weaken, and the glass would fall off.
- The new Parrot Teleprompter has mechanical clips to hold the glass, so it will never fall off. Improved phone grip.
- Sliding Front Cover → We used a different material for the smartphone clamp grip, so we still hold our smartphone in place, but now it’s easy to pull your smartphone out when you need it.
- Renewed material → The new cover slides effortlessly.
- Best of all, it’s made of a stronger material, so it doesn’t scratch easily.
It’s not big enough for cinema lenses or anything larger than 78mm.
Incompatible with Sigma lenses.